A Full Value Response to Trauma
Until the arrival of COVID-19 trauma manifested in schools as a result of such behaviors as harassment, intimidation, and bullying, poor nutrition, social isolation, family issues, and academic pressures. COVID has only exacerbated trauma for students and educators. This experiential workshop will introduce how the Full Value Behavioral Norms; Be Here, Be Safe, Be Honest, Set Goals, Let Go and Move on, Care for Self and Others, and their application, can guide trauma informed practice in the schools.
The workshop will:
- Introduce the six Full Value Behavior Norms
- Connect how restorative outcomes of the Norms can heal the fallout of trauma: Dissociation, loss of safety, loss of trust, loss of control, shame, loss of self worth
- Introduce activities that teach the Norms
- Utilize Control to Empowerment methodology
- Introduce Calling Group as support for empowerment and self regulation