The Fully Valued Educator Retreat:
A three-day retreat to relate, relax, and recharge.
This expanded version of the Fully Valued Educator provides intensive activity based training for educators to immerse themselves in a Full Value Community. This will integrate mindfulness and other contemplative practices that promote self-care. It will establish a community of support based on the Full Value Commitment (FVC). The FVC consists of six principles that will provide a lens into wellness and the practices that promote stress reduction, awareness, emotional intelligence, self-compassion, compassion for others, and empathy.
|Full Value Commitment||Wellness Concepts|
|BE HERE||Meditation and Mindfulness|
|BE SAFE||Physical and Emotional Well Being|
|BE HONEST||Integrity, Trust and Values|
|SET GOALS||Intention into action|
|LET GO AND MOVE ON||Acceptance and Forgiveness|
|CARE FOR SELF AND OTHERS||Empathy and Compassion|
- engage in activity, reflection, and discussions to begin their journey toward more effective self care
- create personal and professional goals using an evidenced based methodology to promote long term self care
- form a community of support that will continue beyond the retreat
- engage in group work that encourages authentic interactions
- co-create a list of behaviors that support self care and identify the distractors that can get in the way (Full Value Commitment)
- participate in daily mindfulness practices